Friday, October 19, 2007

Enrichment Idea

Okay Girls...here's one to file away for when you're called to be enrichment councelor/leader in your ward. Here's the disclaimer though...I'm not, nor have I ever been enrichment councelor or leader. However, I got this idea from my mother-in-law and thought it was absolutely FANTASTIC!!!
Its called Chicken Soup for the Soul and you have all the R.S. sisters in your ward write a short inspiring story that has happened to them (preferably) or to a close friend or family member. You takethe stories and make them into some sort of book for everyone (how fancy this is of course depends on your budget). Then on enrichment night you serve homemade chicken noodle soup, salad, bread etc. and have a few sisters share what their inspiring experience was.
I'm a huge fan of those books and though this was such a great idea with an LDS spin!

1 comment:

Kacey said...

LOVE this idea Julie. It would be a cool family thing to make book like this too.